Sunday, July 20, 2008

What do you do all day at a Scrap fest??

One of my friends came over to make some of those cute little fold out mini books we've been seeing all over the web. I put on a pot of chili, got a salad, then we sat down to "create". I told her.. this is an example of what goes on when you're at one of those all day, all night, all weekend scrapbook sessions..... only she gets to go home tonight!!! 7 1/2 hours later... this is what we had done.....The "black and white, aka Charbon, black and white" is Gail's creation.

The red with western motif is mine. I used some of last year's boho west papers, along with the "Wanted" stamp set, some gingham ribbon, the scallop punch (punched several times, cut apart and used to mat the medalion), some other little vintage stickers I had "laying around".. and some scraps I had cut off when making some of the corners. I'm rather please with the whole thing. My daughter liked it so well, she said... "make me one.... only in my favorite colors >> PINK!!".... so I guess I did ok.









This set is Gail's book. As you might notice, there's a little bit of old, and a little bit of new. Some of the new Bella Rose made it's way into the book, as well as one of this years hostess stamps...
Just a word of caution to anyone making these.. if using the 5/8" ribbon.. cut it LONGER!!! 18" is nut not long enough to tie a decent bow for the cover.... ALSO... do all your stamping on the inner pages before attaching... makes it all much easier to decorate, especially with all the little layers.



1 comment:

Leonie Schroder said...

Constance love your wanted book. I made one of these ... you can see it at http://www.totallyaddinktive.com/2008/07/blissful-pull-out-scrapbook/